Following HOT on the heels of one of the Best US Cabernets as mentioned by Wine & Spirits Magazine, the 2017 is no slouch! Simply put, it is brimming with confidence. Soaring aromatics are the first striking thing you’ll notice. Next, fine-tuned layers of red & black fruits, roasted herbs & spices, unsweetened cocoa develop in the glass with a particularly beautiful potency. With time in the glass, the touch of austerity yields to a delicious and cerebral complexity. Drink over 5-8 years – decant if opening before 2022.
Peter Paul Wines
- Small, family-owned winery. No tasting room. However, they do schedule winemaker virtual tastings PLUS in-person tastings at the discretion of their Master of Wine, Martin Reyes.
- Produce 2,600-2,800 cases per year across Chardonnay, Pinot Noir, Cabernet Sauvignon and a Red Blend.
- Peter Paul Wines remains one of the industry’s stealthiest wineries. Their Pinot Noir and Chardonnay fruit come from two historic & well-known vineyards in Sonoma, while their Napa wine program is crafted from handshakes & friendships with some of the most esteemed properties in the Valley.
2017 Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon
- 510 cases produced.
- 93% Cabernet Sauvignon 3% Petit Verdot, 2% Cabernet Franc, balance Merlot & Malbec.
- From Yountville, St. Helena and Rutherford vineyards.
- 100% French oak, 45% new.